From Vectorworks Developer
Revision as of 04:43, 25 March 2014 by Orso.b.schmid
.VectorScript|VectorScript ..VS:Function Reference|Function Reference ..VS:Function_Reference_Appendix|Appendix
DescriptionOffsets a polygon or polyline. Must handle open & closed polys. A positive distance offsets to the outside; negative to the inside. Should remove self-intersecting segments from the result. Should support "smooth" vs. "sharp" offsets.
consolidationTolerance :REAL) : HANDLE;
def vs.OffsetPoly(h, offsetDistance, numberOfOffsets, consolidateVertices, sharpCorners, conversionRes, consolidationTolerance): return HANDLE
h HANDLE offsetDistance REAL numberOfOffsets INTEGER consolidateVertices BOOLEAN sharpCorners BOOLEAN conversionRes INTEGER consolidationTolerance REAL
Remarks(Orso, 2011): The routine was introduced undocumented by VW10 (2005), then made public by VW17 (2012).
- on holes, they are ignored
- when by an offset less than 1 unit: it copies in place, instead of offsetting (tested from VW 2011 through 2014). For example:
- Units meter, offset 1m > succeeds
- Units meter, offset 0.9m > fails
- Units cm, offset 1cm > succeeds
- Units cm, offset 0.9cm > fails
VersionAvailability: from Vectorworks 2012
See AlsoSimilar calls: